News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

X-Plane 10 Benchmarked

Started by Redaktion, February 15, 2014, 08:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Serious. After Microsoft more or less abandoned the flight simulator market following the release of their Flight Simulator X, Laminar Research has the only viable and constantly updated alternative with their X-Plane Flight Simulator. Our review will focus on the hardware requirements and show which notebooks and desktops handle the simulator smoothly.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/X-Plane-10-Benchmarked.111450.0.html

looks awful

I think the graphics look awful, I think it's kind of pathetic how stringent the graphics are on the cards.  Seems poorly optimised to me.

Joe Byun

Flight Simulator X is still very much alive. Just look at all the add-ons still being churned out! Flight Simulator X has also been picked up by Lockheed Martin and developed into Prepar3d. The graphics of X-Plane look terrible. It doesn't even have proper shaders or anti-aliasing, let alone widespread bump map support. But, it strains the best hardware. This is the pinnacle of being un-optimized. X-plane 10 has been out for a while but it still manages to kill systmes.

Fadi

You know, it's amazing that no one has done these benchmarks for desktop rigs already. I'm trying to design a rig that would make my XP sing in reasonably high detail but with the exception of your excellent work with portables rigs, the quality and quantity of benchmarks for XP10 is deplorable.

I would recommend three improvements/additions to your tests. One, XP 32bit vs 64bit. Does it make a difference? Two, a few people have been claiming that overclocked DDR3 memory improves explain performance. I think it's nonsense but it would be nice to see a benchmark. Three, with regards to your CPU benches, it would have been nice to see an i5 included in the benchmarks. It's much cheaper then the i7 and has all its features minus hyperthreading and 6mb of L3 cache instead of 8.

I Love You Editor So Much

what the hell that the best grafic card even cant play it above 22 fps this game

Rodney

Would love to see this updated to compare the new 900 series GeForce chips with the I7 5700hq, 6700hq, and 6820hk cpu's found in some of the todays gaming laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview