Notebookcheck

Author Topic: Review Toshiba Tecra W50-A-104 Workstation  (Read 555 times)

Redaktion

• Editor
  • High End NB
Review Toshiba Tecra W50-A-104 Workstation
« on: February 10, 2014, 07:23:05 »
Newcomer. Toshiba gets into the market of mobile workstations and offers a very well-equipped device with the Tecra W50-A-104. Does the well-known competition has to be afraid? We will find out in our review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Tecra-W50-A-104-Workstation.110573.0.html

gc

Re: Review Toshiba Tecra W50-A-104 Workstation
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 14:28:59 »
I like the short space bar.  I touch type and frequently use an alt-key with with my thumb while my fingers are over the home keys.  I like it when the left-alt key overlaps the 'C' key.  This short space-bar puts the right alt-key in the same relative position for the right thumb.  (When the alt key is one position further away from the center, I find it becomes painful to use frequently.)

I agree that the small arrow keys are not as good as a full size set.  They are far away from the home keys and not easy to hit accurately (Fitts' Law), even when pivoting the right hand on the base of the palm.  Personally, I would sacrifice the large '0' key in trade to get full size arrow keys.

(Now only if phones and calculators/computers would offer the same digit key order as a software option...)

gc

Re: Review Toshiba Tecra W50-A-104 Workstation
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 15:44:18 »
I wonder if there is a more specific model id than TOS508F for this 15.6 inch FHD display.   The WT310 review gives the same id TOS508F for the 11.6 inch FHD display.

Nice positive review.

» Impressum     Sprachen: Deutsch | English | Español | Français | Italiano | Nederlands | Polski | Português | Русский | Türkçe | Svenska