News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony plans to sell its VAIO division

Started by Redaktion, February 05, 2014, 16:07:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A recent report shows that Sony tries to "unload its sluggish personal computer operations" and sell the VAIO PC division to a local investment fund as it shifts focus to smartphones.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-plans-to-sell-its-VAIO-division.110729.0.html

StarMan

f**k you sony :((
you don't do this...
I just bought a laptop from you.

Gary Sharp

Doesnt surprise me,, Sony seems to have lost the plot with its viao range.. originally they were the PC equal of Apple Macs,, in fact superior with better graphics, great design, targeted at the designer/business world.

I waited 2 years for a Sony  model to replace my 2010 z series notebook (i7, GT320 dedicated graphics, 8gb ram, 256 SSD drive, 13" 1.3kg carbon body). Sure it cost a lot but it also led the field and nothing came close to matching it.
SONY never delivered,, their current premium notebooks are less capable than my 2010 model..

Thankfully Gigabyte seems to know how to make a light, powerful, business notebook and I am very happy with my new P34G.

Perhaps they should buy VIAO and show them the light..

dags

@Gary Sharp
Excuse me, but what's VIAO? It's rich to hear that a self-proclaimed VAIO owner can't even spell the brand correctly.

Did you mean VAIO instead of VIAO?

Codrut Nistor

Dags, it happens to all of us sometimes. For an angry VAIO fan, it doesn't seem to matter how does he write down the name. We got the idea, that's important.
Speaking for myself, I wasn't expecting this so quick, but when I saw their low-priced VAIO laptops showing up on the market I knew something pretty bad is coming sooner or later and it seems it didn't take too long.  :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview