News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Toshiba Portégé Z30-A-12U Notebook

Started by Redaktion, January 02, 2014, 05:32:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Marathon runner in business attire. A slim and extremely light magnesium case makes the Toshiba Portégé Z30 one of the most mobile notebooks of its range. The lavishly equipped 13-inch laptop further scores with long battery runtimes and great performance - but is this enough to justify the confident price of almost 1,500 euros?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Portege-Z30-A-12U-Notebook.108290.0.html

Inika

At first sight Z30 seems to be quite a good chunk of a hardware. Thanks for that extensive review. What I see unpleasant is the limited aperture angle - may you specify in detail what max. angle is feasible at Z30?
I´d also appreciate to get more info on the keybord. PgDn, PgUp as well as Arrow keys look quite tiny. How comfortable is to use these keys without a sight control during typewriting?

tue0787391

Toshiba does a good thing to introduce this to worldwide, almost nothing changed compared to its Japanese brother R634. But I appreciate the R644 model which only sold in Japan. The R644 is 14-inch of 1600x900 resolution and every other designs and specs are the same to R634(also Z30). Those who are not satisfied with Z30's poor display can buy a R644 from Japan instead.

thet ang

FYI - The touch variant comes with full hd and a lot more. I only wonder why americsn writers hated japanese tech that much that they keep on ridiculing it, when everyone in the field knows japanese electronics are alwyas the epitome of build quality.

anon

Thanks for a great review.
However, I wonder if it is possible to buy Z30t (with presumably a better and touch screen), because it is not listed on official Toshiba webpage? There is not much information on the web about Z30t, so I wonder if it has been manufactured at all?

Rajesh Ramdas

:)Very good review. Easy to understand and the verdict helps get one big picture at the end.  Thanks..

olala

Z30 has a touch and FHD ips model now, here is the link http://www.toshiba.eu/laptops/portege/portege-z30-a/portege-z30t-a-11d/
can you review it?

Killingbeans

I have just ordered a Z30-A. In this review it is stated that: "Unfortunately, the notebook does not feature free slots", but when I look at the picture of the exposed motherboard I see something (beneath the WiFi card) that looks like an unused M.2 "M Key" connector?

Having a connctor with a theoretical bandwidth of nearly 4GB/s for a future SSD opgrade seems like an absolute treat.

But am I mistaken about this connctor?

Brian

I have had a Z30 (i5) for about a year now and have to say it is excellent. I had reservations about the screen quality and the fan noise and neither have been a problem at all. The fan is mostly silent when running and the screen is perfectly fine for everyday use. What impresses most is the overall competence and neatness of the design plus the fact it is very light and very responsive with the SSD. The battery easily lasts all day if you turn the screen brightness down a bit.

Brounoh

Quote from: Killingbeans on August 24, 2014, 12:47:18
I have just ordered a Z30-A. In this review it is stated that: "Unfortunately, the notebook does not feature free slots", but when I look at the picture of the exposed motherboard I see something (beneath the WiFi card) that looks like an unused M.2 "M Key" connector?

Having a connctor with a theoretical bandwidth of nearly 4GB/s for a future SSD opgrade seems like an absolute treat.

But am I mistaken about this connctor?

I agree with this, It looks like there is an empty bay next to the USB ports. Killingbeans, did you open yours to check? I would like to know before buying the new version with a broadwell i7 inside :)

barankai

stay away from Toshiba
my z30 fell from 30cm on a very thick carpet and fell in pieces !!! by word.
i did not want to believe what happened... screen splitted and broken, part of chasing fell out, charging port broken
next: warranty did not work at all...
simple reason: T. is bankrupt and looks like became a scam business to collect money   
i will never again buy a T. learned that expensive lesson...

Laurie

Just to add for anyone interested, the LCD does flicker at settings below 100%, and when adaptive brightness / Intel Display power saving technology is switched on.

Shiffy

My Toshiba Protege AZ30-1FD keyboard is always malfunctioning and is very hard here in Lagos, Nigeria to get a replacement for the exact specs. Please any help or advice.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview