Author Topic: Review Toshiba Satellite P70-A-104 Notebook  (Read 391 times)

Redaktion

• Editor
  • High End NB
Review Toshiba Satellite P70-A-104 Notebook
« on: November 15, 2013, 22:10:14 »
Premium Haswell. Full HD screen, Core i7 Haswell, GeForce GPU, Harman/Kardon sound system - appetizing. Can the Premium DTR deliver what it promises? Find out in the following review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Satellite-P70-A-104-Notebook.105357.0.html

Mark Taylor

Re: Review Toshiba Satellite P70-A-104 Notebook
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 17:12:09 »
I purchased a highly customized version of the Toshiba P70 laptop in Oct 2013.  One of the options I included was the Intel Dual Band AC-7260 wi-fi card.  During the two months I have had the computer, I have experienced constant wi fi drops.  It happens at home, at work, at restaurants and just about everywhere I have used it.  In trouble shooting the problem, I went to the Intel web site and discovered that the Intel Dual Band AC-7260 wi-fi adapter is not compatible with Windows 8.  This quote is from the Intel web site:The data reordering issue causes intermittent WiFi connection loss and application hangs on Windows 8* platforms.  I called Intel and they indicated that they have a partial fix, but it only works about half of the time.  Intel strongly recommend that I replace the wi fi card...but Toshiba is refusing to help.  They will only replace the card with another identical card, which will still be incompatible.  I have already wasted 5 hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue with no luck. So, Toshiba sold me a computer with a wireless card that is incompatible with the operating system....and they will not give me my money back or fix the problem.  The computer is useless as a business tool.  Buyer beware.

» Impressum     Sprachen: Deutsch | English | Español | Français | Italiano | Nederlands | Polski | Português | Русский | Türkçe | Svenska