News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Update Lenovo G505s-20255 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, October 29, 2013, 06:17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Wasted potential. An affordable multimedia laptop featuring a quad-core APU, 16 GB of RAM and Crossfire graphics - that sounds almost too good to be true. In fact, Lenovo's G505s looks like a virtually unrivaled price-performance bundle on paper, but it also has some serious faults.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Update-Lenovo-G505s-20255-Notebook.104670.0.html

Just me

1366x768 pixels in 2013 is just unacceptabe!

When mobiles are Full-HD and 25 cm tablets practically cuadruplicate that, almost a decade old, 1366x768 resolution, a computer with such a cr*ppy screen should be discarded for normal use. Not that computers with such cr*ppy displays can't be used, of course, also most 800x600 px computers can still be used, but it is NOT acceptable for today's standards. And today's standards in laptops are defined by Apple, like they defined smartphone standards some years ago, and their "retina" displays.

Portable PC makers are being too lazy, and if they want to recover some of the sales they have lost in the last years they need to ofer good and modern products with good and modern components. I'm not paying for a device which screen is way worse than my mobile's. I'll buy some 300 € 2nd hand laptop, and maybe next year I'll buy a decent PC if makers have quitted swindling us, consumers, or a Macbook if things are still stagnated in the PC laptop world, even if it costs the double.

Ragards.

Mnimic

It offers nice FPS on native resolution in 3d games.
Where scaling to such resolution on an hd screen (to boost FPS) could reduce quality.

Alastair

Till Schönborn

prashant pandey

THIS LAPTOP IS FUCKED UP GENIUS..... IT LAGS WHILE CHARGING BUT GOOD IF BATTERY IS 100% CHARGE OR EVEN BETTER WHEN RUNNING WITHOUT CHARGER PLUGGED IN AND ABSOLUTION GIVES   
56 FPS MAX WHEN RUNNING ON MEDIUM(SOMETIMES GOES DOWN TO 30 BUT NOT AS LOW AS 13 AS GIVEN HERE!!!

asim

Lenovo finally fixed the throttling issue while charging cb 11.5 gets 2.39  now and gaming performance has increased too

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview