News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Update Asus G750JH-T4080H Notebook

Started by Redaktion, September 22, 2013, 09:22:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Fighter jet deluxe. We already reviewed the Asus G750JW with Haswell CPU and Nvidia graphics a couple of weeks ago. This time we review a better equipped version with a GeForce GTX 780M and a Solid State Drive. Read on to find out how powerful the G750JH is.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Update-Asus-G750JH-T4080H-Notebook.102271.0.html

Jeff

Glad that I bough this machine :)
Thou, mine didn't include the OS and the SSD :)
Was by far the better deal :)
I put in a Samsung EVO 840 250Gb and since I have a free OS over Dreamspark :)
Oh, and mine also has 16Gb of RAM :)

Jorge

The temperatures of GPU and CPU will rise just after a 2 or 3 months of daily heavy use. And the noise soon will rise up.
ASUS Notebooks can´t keep temps always fresh as ASUS bullshit marketing says!I have a ROG ASUS G73SW Nvidia 460m and the temperatures rise till 91.º C 96.º GPU and
even 92.º C 100.º to i7-2630QM CPU.
Did 3 official warranty services RMA and the problem persisted. In the last repair service they used a special HP server's thermal paste but high temperatures rise up just after two months of use.
Although my ASUS notebook is flawless in working for long hours with heavy load, it's a very fast machine.

the_dave

Huw Rees Music

Sending mine straight back; I can't believe ASUS would charge so much for this total pile. I loved my G73SW, it was the epitome of great design. The G750JH is so full of bells and whistles, that it's forgotten to be 'good'.

The screen is terrible, vertical lines between pixels make it unusable for photo/video editing. The on-board speakers are...well, I'd rather not try and remember what they sounded like to be honest. The amp on the headphone socket provides intolerable levels of noise - I literally could not watch movies/play games comfortably for that reason alone. The SSD cannot be upgraded/changed - um, excuse me?! The mouse buttons have way too much travel, making clicking a genuine chore. The bundled drivers/software are severely limited options-wise. It doesn't run that quiet; and, judging from comment #2 below, that just gets worse.

Last but not least, the Assassin's Creed 4 branding under the arrow keys. This basically indicates just how seriously ASUS takes it clientele nowadays. I can't believe I landed £1800 on a machine that doesn't do even the simplest things right, and is upstaged in the above regards by a crappy £400 Acer.

I'm getting seriously worried about you, ASUS - your machines used to be perfect; now, it seems you're pushing it just to see how lazy you can be before it hurts you. Welll, I certainly hope it does, sooner than later.

Do not buy this laptop, folks. Wait until ASUS get their s**t together.

Valentin

Strange and not a very happy comment (2) about the rise of temp with time.  Can it be a simple dust issue ? With a two years old G74sx, GPU 560M is 65°C with +20% O.C. at barely full load.
I can't make it very more hot... Yes, it's only an O.C. 560M...  >:D

I wanna had for the noise sensitive buyers : be aware, 33 db at idle is definitly NOT SO COOL. It can even make u made. But the 29 db info, with the shutdown of the 2 cooling fans (i hope so) is a HUGE STEP. 29bd that is -4db and that's moore that half less noise. HUGE.

Sam b

I dont own a G750 but I had a g73 that I sent to warranty 4 times and now im about to send my G75 for overheating + noise issues .

I belived that I was doomed alone but it seems that the g750 is having the same issues.

Here are the problems I had with G75 :
- Crappy screen - Crassy sound.

But what made me take the G75 is now my main problem to send it to the Warranty, when I play im at 95-99 ° and it shut down ... and the fan is extremly loud . And gess what : you can't clean the fan or change to termal past whitouth fucking up the warranty ... Even if I can do this work alone in 10 min I need to send it to the RMA for 3-4 weeks ....

So now I get it , Asus what to see at which point they can go until they feel the harm they done to customers .... Well they have lost me, I ll go to MSI , maybe MSI is neither better so I ll switch to Clevo or XMG or something else but never ever to Asus again.

The only great thing that the Rog have is a really nice shape ( the best looking gaming gear for me ) and a really great marketing team.

treasury

Great performance great everything, but terrible display.
I really loved the glossy screen of my ASUS G74S. The screen of the ASUS G750JW (not 3D) has nice colors and contrast, but it has too much space between the pixels. I see the pixel grid like a layer on everything with stronger vertical lines, making the pictures look like low resolution and noisy. I am sending it back. :(

treasury

I meant ASUS G750JH, so here is it again:

Great performance great everything, but terrible display.
I really loved the glossy screen of my ASUS G74S. The screen of my ASUS G750JH (not 3D) has nice colors and contrast, but it has too much space between the pixels. I see the pixel grid like a layer on everything with stronger vertical lines, making the pictures look like low resolution and noisy. Most of my friends don't consider it as big of a problem as me, but I am sending it back. :(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview