News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Sony Vaio Pro 11 SVP121M2EB.G4 Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, July 30, 2013, 00:29:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Delicate Butterfly. The new Sony Pro series shines due to its impressive technical specifications. Our test model is slim and offers decent battery life and nice performance. It could very well be the ideal companion on-the-go. In our review, we will see what this model has to offer.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Sony-Vaio-Pro-11-SVP121M2EB-G4-Ultrabook.97813.0.html

lk

Thank you for the review, notebookcheck.

Can anyone comment if the two major mentioned flaws - fan noise and lack of sturdiness - are also present in the vaio pro 13?

me468

I had the Vaio Pro 13 for a week (sent it back due to random screen flickering). The fan noise is indeed a little bit unpleasant under heavy load, but in normal office use the fan is normally off if you use the right settings. Even when it goes on under some light load, it is still ok.

The flex is not a problem. Sony claims that it is intended due to the carbon fibre materials used and that the laptop is sturdier than if it was built with aluminium. When not applying some unnatural pressure, the flex is hardly noticeable and is definitely not affecting the typing experience. The keyboard is actually really great. If I had to mention one bad thing, it would be unresponsive multi-touch gestures on the touch pad.

Overall great device, and one of the best looking ones.

captainbounty

Can someone indicate whether the HDMI output carries both audio and video? Some laptops only carry video, depending on how the port is configured.Thank you.

Sergio Garcia

Have you checked mic? I have a Sony VAIO Z which i think have the same fan noise problems, on normal use it is not usually a problem, but it is almost impossible to have a Skype call as the fan noise is recorded by the mic at a very high volume.

Stepan

Yeah, it has glossy coating, unless you choose non-touchscreen version which comes with matte.

Pratik Desai

I have bought a Sony Vaio Pro 11. I know I cannot upgrade the RAM. But can I upgrade my SSD from 128 GB to 256 GB in future? Also can I upgrade my processor from Ci5 to Ci7 if I intend in future?

Kilic

Sound of the fan is really annoying.
Do not get lured in to by slick design and low weight.
I bought one on Saturday, returning tomorrow.
Could not work on that annoying noise.

José

I have a 256 Gb i7 model with 4 Gb RAM without fan problems, at full load with the free antivirus option for a month I have some noise but I change it and no more. It's possible to have some troubles of stability in a hotel if the wifi is with web logging, the connection frequent irregular and you have select to keep it , you can fix un-selecting keep option.

The flex is not a problem. Keyboard is hardly noticeable and a bit more smaller that others but after two days is definitely not affecting the typing experience and you feel keyboard is really great.

About bad points,  The multi-touch gestures on the touch pad for some persons (not me) with big fingers doesn't work propperly but in this case you can use the screen.

It's difficult to find a good case and the Sony one it's expensive and heavy, after many tested I bought a 10.2 inch of targus and a bag fron Tucano ( it's for MacBook Air 11" but works fine)

Overall it's probably the best 11 inch windows 8 device with great looking and if you want to be fluent in windows 8 netbook you best option. The W8 only have two options for a good experience, a tablet or a 11 inch device, because with a bigger device the screen it's to far.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview