News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Dell Inspiron 15-3521-0620 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, June 12, 2013, 10:11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tough cookie. Outside of the mainstream models 15R and 17R we discovered the basic version of the current Inspiron 15. It presents itself without alu-finish but in bare plastic. Technically speaking, the cost-cutting Inspiron is even a bit better than the polished R sister-models. Roughly trimmed plastic for an overcharged price of 540 euros or a well concealed bargain?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Inspiron-15-3521-0620-Notebook.93924.0.html

Vincentxp

can u pls re test the wifi battery life? 4hours its seem you had use the wrong power profile. ur voltage test show consumption is correct , ur 15R 5521 is wifi 7hours same spec . what make this model consume so high in wifi & dvd mode? idle show 65whr :11 hours is excelent idle time.

Mitchel Emerson

Buyer beware! I had a terrible "customer service" experience this afternoon, and really feel that I need to share it with you:

My son received a Dell laptop, as a gift while he was training at Fort Benning this summer. After returning home, he excitedly set-up his new computer. He only used it a few times and the screen went BLANK. We called the store, and they directed us to Dell support. After working with a Dell tech, they decided the screen was defective, and they would replace it. The next day, the shipper showed up with a call tag, we packed the laptop up in the provided box and sent it off to the repair depot. Today, I received a call claiming WE damaged the screen and that they would fix it for $258. I explained it was not damaged when it left here. And that the screen quit working BEFORE it left here, and it was under warranty. But, the technicians and supervisors would not believe me, nor support the product. After multiple phone calls, to various departments, I was always transferred back to repair department, with the same results. I'm VERY disappointed in Dell's service, or actually, the LACK OF SERVICE. Dell's support had no other response beyond the script, and no solution. So, now we will be getting our DEFECTIVE computer returned to us BROKEN, and unusable after using it just a few times. I will NEVER buy a Dell product again. In my opinion, Dell support and customer service are UNACCEPTABLE! If you are looking for a new computer, laptop, monitor, etc., I would recommend looking elsewhere.

saad ahmed

i have this laptop. i bought it and it was good. but after 1-2 months it became shitty. slow bootup and shutdown. last week it fucked up pretty bad so i did a "refesh your pc."
NOW ITS THE BEST THING THATS HAPPENED TO MY LIFE.... ITS FUCKING AWESOME. GO FOR IT GUYS! IF THE SAME PROBLEM HAPPENS TO YOU GUYS... just do a "refresh your PC" trust me on this one guys.

EricS

Quote from: Mitchel Emerson on September 26, 2013, 14:57:30
Buyer beware! I had a terrible "customer service" experience this afternoon, and really feel that I need to share it with you:

My son received a Dell laptop, as a gift while he was training at Fort Benning this summer. After returning home, he excitedly set-up his new computer. He only used it a few times and the screen went BLANK. We called the store, and they directed us to Dell support. After working with a Dell tech, they decided the screen was defective, and they would replace it. The next day, the shipper showed up with a call tag, we packed the laptop up in the provided box and sent it off to the repair depot. Today, I received a call claiming WE damaged the screen and that they would fix it for $258. I explained it was not damaged when it left here. And that the screen quit working BEFORE it left here, and it was under warranty. But, the technicians and supervisors would not believe me, nor support the product. After multiple phone calls, to various departments, I was always transferred back to repair department, with the same results. I'm VERY disappointed in Dell's service, or actually, the LACK OF SERVICE. Dell's support had no other response beyond the script, and no solution. So, now we will be getting our DEFECTIVE computer returned to us BROKEN, and unusable after using it just a few times. I will NEVER buy a Dell product again. In my opinion, Dell support and customer service are UNACCEPTABLE! If you are looking for a new computer, laptop, monitor, etc., I would recommend looking elsewhere.

What does your shitty Dell experience have to do with this laptop *specifically*? Are you just trolling forums to bitch about Dell's support? Big deal - you got poor support. It happens to everyone. Your post has NOTHING to do with this specific laptop.

Hussain

I bought this laptop days ago, I think the battery test is incorrect!.. I upgraded to windows 8.1 and downloaded all updated drivers that took me over 6 hours.. The battery excelent.

contentsetter

I have perched this laptop 3days back.fetcher are good

JBERN

Dell Inspiron 3521: Do not buy this laptop! It is not good. It is ok at best. I had a Sony Vaio for 4 years and I only switched cause it was starting to look a little worn and I gave it to one of my employees for work. However, I am now on the verge of trading her. This thing is always slow, has hangups, and the more annoying things about this laptop are the little things and adjustments.
1. Windows 8: this is not their fault, but I miss windows 7 so much especially cause it ran smooth on my previous cpu. Windows 8 is for tablets and phones, not for laptops or desktops. With this laptop, it takes an extra step and time now just to find a document or start excel instead of the previous win 7. Even after getting better acquainted with W8, it is still annoying, does not work well with the slowness of this machine, and the touchpad is too sensitive for all the new "tricks" of W8.
2: Unnecessary changes: Conventional headsets no longer work. Only a headset with a single jack for mic and speakers. After 4 months, teh jack no longer works, so now I have to purchase another headset (USB) to get it to work.
Speakers are not good. They are ok at best and high volume sounds worse as it gets higher.
No VGA connection. They moved right to HDMI so you will have to get an adapter. Even my old Vaio from 4 years ago had both connections. Now it is a pain since I try to watch youtube videos on my monitor, but I can't use the speakers. I have to plug a headset into the HDMI adapter. Clicking the buttons is loud and annoying. It is not easy to work in a quiet environment or with my girlfriend in the room who is napping or trying to concentrate so I always bring a mouse.
Pros: Battery is pretty good, the screen is nice, Its good for watching movies with earphones, and its laid out well with its size/ functionality.
However, I would not purchase this laptop again. Too many issues too soon and I'm just not impressed with it.

Sankha

I have used this laptop for about 4 years....I did not use it that much though since i had another laptop from work....But suddenly few days back it was not starting up and had to replace the stand by IC of mother board and few other ICs. After that also there is some hardware failure happening and can hear loud tuck tuck or clicking noise....seems like this issue is happening with a lot of other dell inspiron laptops as well....I loved this machine but now i am getting her replaced
since it is out of warranty as well.

Joshan

f*** you all, i have been using this laptop since 2014. Its been great. Played gta 5 on high settinfs, Fifa 18 on medium. Thats a good response though from the computer. Even now, this laptop has stopped to amaze me

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview