News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Update Dell Latitude 6430u HD+ Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, May 25, 2013, 09:19:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Pixel-dense. Dell's 14-inch business Ultrabook is now available with the sought-after display resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels. Is the price-competitive Latitude 6430u HD+ a viable alternative to the outrageously expensive Lenovo X1 Carbon?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Update-Dell-Latitude-6430u-HD-Ultrabook.92936.0.html

John Rothlisberger

Thanks for your most EXCELLENT review. I recently purchased a 6430U (your review was one of the key things to convince me), and I am really happy with it; I have the i7-3667U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, HD+ screen.

A couple of things:

- Would you consider releasing the calibration profile for the HD+ screen?
- What do the red/pink dots underneath the grey bars in the charts mean?

Thanks again for a most excellent website!

Kort

Hi,

I'm highy interested in the 6430u with HD+ display, but I'm quite worried, because of the rumors I read on Internet.
I'd like the same configuration as your i7-256Gb-16Gb RAM, the only exception is the processor which will be the i7-3687, with a better GPU frequence.

I'll use it for an intense use, I'll be running VM's (Windows Server, Linux Server/Client,...) and maybe some development compilation (much less than VMs).
So my great fear is the noise and heat. Even though notebookcheck write about a normal noise emission, lot's of people are complaining about those aspects of the 6430u, with an i5, so I'm quite afraid with an i7 with 16Gb of RAM.

Do you notice some irritable noise from your computer, and how about the heat?!

seiju

I have the i7 version with 16gb ram, worst laptop I've ever had, really disappointed :(. The laptop's fan is really loud (even when you are just using browser or vim, <0.1 cpu load)

I would not recommend it unless you are deaf or does not care about not having silence ever again.

Flar

LiteOn is not Good choice  of SSD because the results what You measured and present is not True, wortd SSD in 64k aligned i never seen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview