News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Toshiba Tecra R950-192 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, May 05, 2013, 10:25:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The business professional? With the Tecra R950, Toshiba wants to teach its competitors from Dell, HP and Lenovo the meaning of fear. To do so, they equipped it with the currently fastest Dual-Core processor, an integrated UMTS module and extensive security equipment. But is this enough to justify the high price?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Tecra-R950-192-Notebook.91952.0.html

Jacqui

DO NOT BUY THIS COMPUTER. I have had a lot of trouble with it. After only 5 months, the machine shuts down and Toshiba are the most UN-helpful people I have ever dealt with. I have taken my laptop to them 3 times and yet they still cannot explain to me what the problem is. Do not take your chances with it!!!!

andrew

I have a almost new Tecra R950 ( six months old)

On my model, there is a mouse pointer on the keyboard between the G, H and B  keys.

The ( blue )pointer sits proud of the keys by approx. 1 mm and after 3 months of use, this has now punctured the screen, which has obviously occurred through closing the laptop. I now have a large black hole in the screen which is growing and has rendered my laptop unusable

The Toshiba repair person I spoke to says this is my fault and he will not allow it to be fall under warranty - and has told me a new screen will cost me A$500.  This obviously will not fix the problem as so  long as the blue mouse button sits above the keys, any new screen will face similar damage. - I don't  know how much Toshiba will charge me to mend the blue mouse pointer.

Yes,  the laptop does come with me on planes' etc but I use a top end padded laptop case and I even still have the keypad cover which came with the laptop- so I have not damaged the laptop in any way.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with a R 950? - and why, Toshiba, are you trying to make a customer  pay for what is clearly a design error or a build error? I note that on current models, the pointer has actually been changed to a flat pointer...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview