News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Sony Vaio Duo 11 SV-D1121X9EB Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, December 02, 2012, 23:49:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Switch to Work. Switchable graphics are an old trick. Today, we want switchable work modes: first a mini laptop, then a Windows tablet, and all this without even switching devices. So is this new Sony model the ideal device for ambitious Windows users who can not decide between tablets and notebooks?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Sony-Vaio-Duo-11-SV-D1121X9EB-Ultrabook.84581.0.html

Not sure about Sony

Sony laptops remind me of a PC version of Apple:  closed system with few consumer upgradeable or replaceable items / expensive for what you get / and in Sony's case poor support of 'older' hardware eg graphics drivers.

But, it does look like an interesting design & form factor.  Although the insanely poor battery life makes it a non starter for the purposes likely intended for this device.  ill conceived I think!

I know I wouldn't buy it, even if I wanted a device like this.  Just my opinion of course!

Jambo

I checked this device out in store. Very excited to see the FulHD screen, overall lightweight feel in hand , Stylus Pen was huge plus.
I wanted a portable PC with touch screen, for detailed nw designs and diagrams. Light enough to hold in hand, as I'm stuck behind a server rack.
Sony Vaio Duo hits all that.

But...
No full size keyboard
That hinge! , sorry Im not sold.
Exposed data cable to screen ?? Exposed spring ?? really ?
How is this in any way durable. Dust, drops, sharp objects..

Such a shame.

Allan

Well, the Duo was on the road for a month with me from the USA to Australia to Japan. This thing is very durable. There are no issues with  the hinge whatsoever. So instead of speculating, you should use it in real life.

Vladimir

I own the US model Sony Vaio Duo 11 (SVD11225CXB)for 10 days and I sending it back.
USA Customers! Beware! - you are getting an intentionally Crippled" model - for whatever reason, Sony decided not to include the GPS module in US spec Vaio Duo 11 and this is NOT up-gradable later.
UK spec includes GPS as standard - but US version does not come with GPS.
Moreover, US Sony Store removed the ability to Customaize the unit - so you are stuck with one of two prepackaged models and neither has the GPS module.
In my opinion, when you pay tyop dollar for a hybrid unit that should perform both Notebook and Tablet functions - GPS is MANDATORY - should be Optional.
I am trying to write a complaint to Sony - but is it very difficult to get through the Sony maze to get to the right complaint department (Customer care people are intentionally incompetent - they are profusely apologizing in every second sentence but are entirely useless on the subject natter. When I called the Customer service - they stated that I can add the GPS unit and offered that I could byuy it from Sony parts Store - when I asked if this requires disassembly of the computer  and will it void warranty -  - then they transferred me to technical department which in turn stated that the machine cannot be upgraded.
Frustrated like hell as the machine otherwise is great specs and has practically all functions anyone could want.
I wish I cold buy the UK spec machine....

Charles

Unless you intend on storing scissors in the back or using the cables as a substitute violin, I don't understand the concern about the cables. The cables are protected by the vanity plate.   

midi

selling an exclusive sony z

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131007123375?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview