Autor Thema: Review Samsung Series 5 530U3C-A01DE Ultrabook  (Gelesen 5580 mal)

Redaktion

• Editor
  • High End NB
Review Samsung Series 5 530U3C-A01DE Ultrabook
« am: Juni 29, 2012, 10:11:37 »
Ultrabook update. After reviewing Samsung's Series 5 ultrabook mid-March 2012, we now have the new model featuring Intel's Ivy Bridge dual core processor at hand. Samsung has not modified anything. Even the starting price of EUR 799 (RRP) is maintained. We examine to what extent the new component is noticed and who would benefit from switching.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsung-Series-5-530U3C-A01DE-Ultrabook.77219.0.html

Jan A

• Gast
Having red the first reviews of this years generation of notebooks ( Ultrabooks), a pattern begins to form - the Ivy Bridge processor was supposed to finally again ( Acer C114 tablet ) give us fan-less notebooks, running cool. But in contrary we get even hotter and more noisy devices compared with 2011 Sandy Bridge models - gaining only a 15% increase in performance.

As such, I think it can be concluded by now, that the Ivy Bridge processor is a flop, and with it the notebooks. This Samsung did one thing right, matte screen, but missing LED in the keypad.

I see no reason for upgrading from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge, or to go for Ivy Bridge instead of Sandy Bridge, unless you need the extra 40% performance delivered by the HD 4000 GPU in the Ivy Bridge.

As such, in my opinion, this Samsung is yet another flop in the row of this years flops of Ultrabooks and Notebooks.

Quantz

• Gast
Re: Review Samsung Series 5 530U3C-A01DE Ultrabook
« Antwort #2 am: August 25, 2012, 17:37:08 »
Excellent and informative review! Much better than reviews done by other websites. I'm hoping that you'll review the Samsung Series 5 530u4c s03 soon - i7, 14", 1TB hybrid HDD, GeForce 620M, 6GB RAM since it's the one I've got my eyes and heart on.

Borade

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: August 27, 2012, 15:20:40 »
I've recently decided to switch on this new ultrabook Samsung series
http://laptopforcollege.org/ultrabook-samsung-series-9/
Its amazing..

darioosz

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: September 17, 2012, 20:03:40 »
For problems with Turbo Boost in this i5 cpu (i5-3317U) just go to BIOS and disable option called "Turbo Control" in "Advanced" tab.

with this option disabled, fan rpm could go higher but you will get constant 2,4ghz turbo in for example cinebench r11.5, or max turbo (2,6ghz) in one core applications.

cheers  :)

meandmealone

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: November 14, 2012, 22:00:08 »
 >:( I own one and here is my input
Lovely PC spoiled by useless wireless. The intel centrino drops connection erratically and CANNOT be fixed as I write. Take a look at the intel forums.
http://communities.intel.com/thread/31090?start=15&tstart=0#
The whole point of this machine is its portability which is destroyed by the lack of connectivity.
Seriously flawed

Leo. D

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Dezember 11, 2012, 13:35:43 »
had a few problems with the wireless... after disabling the 2 virtual lan adapters the random disconnects where gone. (never saw this installed by default, also a lot of crap installed, just format it)

also the heat issue is considerable ...50c idle .

but is cheap as dirt has lan, only wish that it can endure a few years .

Gp Gurung

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: April 22, 2013, 23:05:07 »
I bought it last week and there are many things I found while using it. If we compare the size, weight and design of this model then it a great value for the money. But I don't know particularly life the ventilator being on the bottom. If I'm using it keeping in my lap or quilt, the battery compartment gets hot exceptionally well. So, I would recommend to buy a cooler for it while buying this laptop.

sy

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Februar 21, 2014, 09:03:02 »
Samsung Series 5 is the worst notebook i ever encounter, constantly give me all sort of problem, first start with wifi, then fixed, then blue screen when start up, then fixed again, now sandisc failure.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

» Impressum     Sprachen: Deutsch | English | Español | Français | Italiano | Nederlands | Polski | Português | Русский | Türkçe | Svenska