News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire One D270-26Dbb Netbook

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2012, 00:29:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New model, old performance? The Acer Aspire One D270 offers the latest Intel Atom processor generation based on Intel's Cedar Trail platform. For EUR 300, the buyer even gets a notebook with Bluetooth 4.0 that only a few notebooks feature. Is it great progress or just big names for Acer to put on its list?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-One-D270-26Dbb-Netbook.73534.0.html

ed

Finally, an n2600 review. I need to question how you're testing HD video playback, as the n2600's igpu should be hardware accelerating 720p/1080p h264 perfectly adequately. Yes, it's probably too slow to software decode, but anyone not hardware decoding on a small laptop is doing it wrong.

Kris

I'm curious as to what is considered extremely slow as my N450 powered netbook can handle plenty of multitasking and office suite work (IE Libre Writer and Calc at the same time). Hell, my N450's iGPU can handle 1080p video so long as it's not h264/VC1(youtube is a problem because of this though). Then again it may simply be the overhead of Windows that is again slowing the Atom down in these reviews. I'm running Bodhi Linux. It is too bad Intel went back to PowerVR as Linux could probably save the Atom from being a completely ignored CPU. But the company behind PowerVR (the N2600's GPU design base) is completely hopeless for Linux support. The Atom only sucks because Intel makes poor choices in not supporting it.

Csaba

Great job ... only what is wrong here is Windows 7starter ... i personally have D260 and installed WinXP home and Microsoft office 2007 working smooth, i also using for VirtualDJ Pro V6. and only issues i have is with plugins. everything other is great just to mention i have it for almost 2y and after 11month of use i just change fan on CPU. i like it and i looking to get newer model. so D270 is excellent choice tnx for review!

Rizwan

Want to know about F5 option what is the use of it when we select FN+F5 and also option FN+F6

Venkat

Getting too hot after using it for a while say 60+ min...bottom temparature is more. Cannot be placed directly on the Lap and use...

Ayla Myrick

Acer does not honor their warranty.

Best Buy is actually aware of this. Local BB manager wishes they didn't carry it, but customers ask for it. I had to immediately upgrade to 2GB of RAM to make it usable. "As is" is "no good."

I loved this netbook UNTIL it died 4 months after purchase. I used it about 20 times, and it was kept in a padded case in a drawer. The screen "cracked," and Acer immediately calls this "abuse." My unit was not mishandled. The screen just died.

I did the online "support" waste-of-time with a barely English literate "support" rep. After sending a picture of the screen I was told it would be $99 minimum to send back, plus about $200 for a new screen. More than I paid for this new. The rep insisted I had damaged it. I hadn't even taken off the protective screen cover.

Avoid this company and make them go away.

Stan Phillips

I have a Acer Aspire One, 11.5 inch, with a 160GB harddrive, & 2GB of Ram..I added the 2'nd GB of ram. ,( for 4 or 5 yrs.or more)..One of the first one's out.  It has not given a bit of trouble , & has been a great net book. I would think that the Acer One with the larger HD would be a great  netbook.. One thing that may be making my old Acer run great, is i'm still on windows XP.. I also have a new HP DM4, with a 640gb HD, with 8 gb ram, with windows 7 & it is fast.. 7 seems ok on it,   I had two Dell 15 " laptops, one with XP & one with Vista, Vista was junk, & i gave  the laptop to a relative, & had Windows 7 installed, which helped , but still gives some problems.. probably beause of smaller HD  The Acer One HAS BEEN GREAT , just a little slow with the back arrow sometimes..Quality wise, In my opinion, it's a tough little netbook, & i'm a retired mechanical engineer, & I always try to purchase quality  products.  P.S., I also do not represent Acer , or have anything to do with the company, So this is my own, unbiased opinion.... Regards SP.

jimbojinx

Roland883

So i bought my acer netbook for $250 i had it for four months and in that time is had been really slow i dont know why, i didnt download anything on but adobe flash player and javascript, but that dosent make a computer slow. About the 3rd month it would take 1-2 minutes to open internet explorer, it couldnt even open notepad without freezeing up. I had mcafee virus protection so i had no virures it was just the computer. The 4th month the charger port got a hugh short in it. I DONT KNOW HOW it broke, it broke on random and in the same day as that happened the charger broke also, so i had to spend $50 on a new one. Also my screen cracked my kid stepped on it ,I had been told that i had a year warrenty on the laptop, so i called acer (Horrible customer support) and they told me inorder for us to fix the charger port that i had to fix the screen also, that would cost a $100 plus tax but i didnt want to fix the screen just the port. But they wouldnt let. MY POINT IS NEVER GET AN ACER LAPTOP I WASTED MY 250+ DOLLARS, DONT LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU.
Also dont let the built in things fool you  the webcam is horrible, the built in speakers are a joke MY SMALL MP3 player can go louder then this laptop AND IT SAYS UP TO 4 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE YEA RIGHT IT ONLY GOES UP TO 2 HOUR MAX. For more info message my skype:jerk86

JAGADEESH

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE WALLPAPER IN THIS NOTE BOOK CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.
IS THIS NOTE BOOK REALLY DOESN'T SUPPORT WALLPAPER? CAN ANY ONE HELP ME ON THIS?

Adriana

Hi, Konrad,
Great review!
I wonder if you could help me in my decision: I need a netbook to watch movies at home or in the airplanes, so, it must have a good battery live and must play full HD movies well, both on its display and in my TV through HDMI cable.
Which netbook would you recomend: Acer Aspire One D270 or Asus Eee PC 1215B ?
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-Eee-PC-1215B-Netbook.55843.0.html
All the best!

kafiemon

Acer netbooks deliver you a convenient, redefined mini-laptop with flair. Acer delivers a sleek design, light weight, and extensive battery life empowering you to experience both convenience and style. With an assortment of case colors, you can choose a netbook that reflects who you are while still relishing in the quality you deserve. If you want to buy notebook see  Buy Netbooks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview